The GMEP programme of work finished in 2016 and this project website is not now actively maintained. It is made available for archival purposes and to allow the download of materials that were posted on the website whilst it was an active project. There is a closely related, successor project called ‘ERAMMP’ and details about the ERAMMP work can be found at www.erammp.wales.
Glastir is the Welsh Government's sustainable land management scheme which pays for environmental goods and services aimed at:
- Combating climate change
- Improving water quality and managing water resources
- Improving soil quality and management
- Halting biodiversity loss
- Managing landscapes and historic environment and improving public access to the countryside
- Woodland creation and management
The Glastir Monitoring and Evaluation Programme (GMEP) has been commissioned by the Welsh Government to assess the performance of Glastir. GMEP was launched at the same time as the Glastir scheme. This provides fast policy feedback allowing for the scheme to be modified to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Click the links below to find out more about the work GMEP is undertaking within the six Glastir objectives.